Top sales Body care
CBD, the flagship active ingredient of the cosmetics industry
In France, cannabidiol (CBD) was quick to establish itself in the daily lives of aficionados of natural well-being. Indeed, the day after the historic decision of the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) which ruled in favor of the legality of CBD products, the French showed an unprecedented enthusiasm for the molecule.
According to the figures of the Interprofession of hemp trades (Inter Chanvre), they are today nearly 7 million to consume oils, flowers, resin and capsules of CBD to relieve their stress and anxiety, soothe small daily pains or even to find a healthy and restorative sleep. But CBD products consumed orally are not the only ones to have won the favor of French consumers.
If there is one quality that cannot be taken away from R&D laboratories in the cosmetics industry, it is their ability to innovate! In recent years, the sector has adopted cannabidiol (CBD) to make it a key active ingredient in moisturizing, soothing and anti-aging products, and for good reason… Bursting with benefits for the body and for the mind, CBD is a leading natural ally for healthy skin that exudes health.
How does CBD work for healthy skin?
Extracted from the hemp plant, most commonly of the Cannabis L. Sativa or Cannabis Indica varieties, cannabidiol interacts with receptors in the endocannabinoid system that controls the physiological balance by regulating many vital functions such as pain, inflammation, appetite, memory, stress response, mood, etc.
In detail, cannabidiol does not really have a direct affinity with the "CB1" and "CB2" receptors. This molecule extracted from the hemp plant will instead modulate the response of receptors to anandamide, an endogenous cannabinoid that acts as a neurotransmitter to regulate these physiological functions. What does it have to do with the skin? It's simple. The "CB 1" and "CB 2" receptors are disseminated throughout the body, with an increased presence in the skin. The beneficial effects of CBD on the skin (which we will expand on in a moment) are explained by four mechanisms:
- Regulating the immune response, to control inflammation;
- The production of melanin;
- The regulation of skin temperature;
- The regulation of pain sensation;
- Thanks to its antioxidant properties, CBD fights against free radicals.
What are the benefits of CBD on the skin?
To take advantage of the many benefits of CBD on the skin of the body and face, it is recommended to consume it in topical or local application (creams, massage oils, serum, balms, gels, soap, facial treatments, etc. .). Here is a non-exhaustive list of the virtues of cosmetic products containing CBD and other hemp extracts (CBG, CBN, CBC…):
- CBD cosmetics shine with anti-inflammatory properties. This is why creams, balms and massage oils with legal cannabis soothe itching and avoid scratching, especially at night. This soothing action prevents complications and promotes rapid healing of insect bites and other inflammatory conditions;
- The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD cosmetics also help relieve irritation and redness, especially on sensitive skin (body and face);
- The antioxidant properties of CBD and other hemp extracts help fight against free radicals, responsible for many damages to the skin, especially the epidermis. Remember that free radicals are the main cause of premature skin aging. These antioxidant properties therefore make CBD one of the most prominent active ingredients in anti-aging cosmetic products (serum, face cream and eye cream);
- Rich in essential fatty acids, CBD also expresses moisturizing properties and nourishes dry, irritated and tired skin. These nourishing properties also restore and strengthen the skin barrier to allow the skin to better retain water and nutrients, but also to protect itself from external aggressions (sun, wind, pollution, limestone, etc.).
CBD and hair: what are the benefits?
CBD's anti-inflammatory properties have secured it a prominent place as an ingredient in shampoos and oils for people who suffer from an irritated scalp, including itching, dandruff and more hair loss or less important. By reducing inflammation, CBD cleanses the scalp and promotes healthy hair.
But that's not all! CBD is also rich in essential fatty acids such as linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid which contribute to good hydration of the hair and scalp by providing them with the necessary nutrients. Your CBD shampoo will help strengthen your dry, brittle hair.
The antioxidant properties of CBD also protect the hair and scalp from damage caused by free radicals. Finally, CBD helps regulate sebum production in the scalp. Excessive production of this natural oil can lead to dandruff problems, greasy hair and itching. Conversely, insufficient production of this natural fluid causes dry hair and hair loss.
321CBD: a wide range of CBD cosmetics
Our dear customers know our online store for its wide range of CBD products to be consumed orally or by vaporization: hemp oils, CBD flowers, legal cannabis resin, CBD crystals, cannabidiol treats, etc. .
Today, our online store offers you an unprecedented range of CBD cosmetic products. Objective: to help you regain healthy, balanced and radiant skin, naturally, without psychotropic effects and without risk of addiction (less than 0.2% THC, in accordance with the regulations in force in France). So find:
- Our CBD massage oils, to relieve pain, soothe sore muscles and restore skin tone and vitality;
- Our CBD body creams, which deeply nourish the skin, relieve redness and itching and prevent skin dryness;
- Our CBD creams for the face, with anti-aging creams, moisturizers and ultra-nourishing cosmetics (CBD serum and balm);
- Our CBD lip balms, which help chapped lips damaged by cold and limescale;
- Our CBD body care balms, to soothe areas of the body exposed to dryness and external aggressions such as elbows, knees, feet , etc. ;
- Our CBD hand care creams, to pamper your hands and protect them from the external aggressions to which they are exposed on a daily basis such as hard water, cold, cleaning products, etc.
What are the precautions for using CBD cosmetics?
Recall that the World Health Organization (WHO), through its Scientific Committee, considers that CBD "is not harmful and does not present a risk of abuse". This does not exempt you from the usual precautions on cosmetic products, with or without cannabidiol:
- ALWAYS read the ingredient list before purchasing or applying any cosmetic product (oil, serum, cream, gel, balm, etc.). Check that the formula is right for you and that it does not contain ingredients that may cause an allergy.
- If you are not sure, adopt the reflex of the patch test: apply a small amount of cream, serum, oil, gel or balm in a small area of skin (excluding the face) and observe the reaction of the epidermis (redness, itching, pimples, etc.).
- As a rule, CBD cosmetics are low-dosed. In addition, the amount of CBD absorbed is low, since a good part of the product remains in the superficial layers of the epidermis.
- Follow your CBD cosmetic manufacturer's directions for use;
- Avoid contact with eyes when using your cosmetic products (with or without cannabidiol), to avoid eye irritation and pain;
- Keep your cosmetic products (with or without cannabidiol) at the appropriate temperature, in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight to avoid any risk deterioration or contamination of the product.
Are CBD cosmetics legal in France ?
In France, the use of CBD in cosmetic products is legal, but it is subject to the restrictions that regulate all CBD products (food, oral and topical). Thus, CBD cosmetics should not contain more than 0.2% THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the substance responsible for the psychotropic (or "high") effects of cannabis.
Of course, the range of CBD cosmetic products offered by our online store is 100% compliant with the legislation in force in France, with an almost zero THC level. You can therefore make your choice with complete peace of mind.