- Ingest it in capsules or capsules
- Consume in the form of hemp/cannabis flower
- Consume the wax
- Use paste, hash or resin
- Vape in the form of e-liquid
- Inhale by vaporization
- Prefer the consumption of hemp oil
- Other cannabidiol products
- Efficacy and action time of CBD
- Practical advice to optimize your CBD consumption
As the #1 shop in France, you explore the world of CBD with us, and we must present its different consumption methods exhaustively!
So how is CBD consumed? Here's a quick overview:
- By ingestion of capsules or capsules
- By consuming the flower
- By inhaling or vaporizing wax
- By inhaling or vaporizing resin
- By vaping an e-liquid
- By sublingual administration of oil
- By consumption of infused foods
- By applying cosmetics
A molecule rich in therapeutic virtues, the green molecule is not part of the narcotic family, despite its common origin with THC: Cannabis Sativa. Beneficial and without psychotropic effects, it relieves your body and mind, by activating your cannabinoid receptors.
Its anti-inflammatory properties are very appreciated by vapers. And furthermore, according to certain studies, it has a regulatory effect on our immune system.
Find out how to consume this natural component that is cannabidiol!
Ingest it in capsules or capsules
The most widespread use of cannabidiol remains ingestion by oral route. Indeed, there are CBD capsules or capsules containing cbd oil. Just like any medicine, they are ingested and their membrane is dissolved once in the stomach.
The advantage of this method is that it is practical, easy, and discreet. For example, you can take your box of capsules to work, without anyone noticing that you are consuming them during the day, which is much more discreet than a traditional hemp flower. Easy to carry, the capsules can stay in your bag for quick use as soon as the need arises. And finally, it is a format that is very popular with those looking for a neutral, tasteless and odorless product.
This is really the simplest administration method if you are new to this world. On the other hand, the relaxing and anti-inflammatory effects will take a little longer to appear, since the cannabinoids must reach your digestive system to be effective.
Consume in the form of hemp/cannabis flower
Hemp flower looks exactly like weed buds rich in THC, but it contains no psychoactive substances. That said, it is absolutely not recommended to smoke it. To consume natural cannabinoid flowers healthily, you still have the option of inhaling them using a quality vaporizer designed for this purpose. This mode of consumption is suitable for a specific audience: cannabis consumers who want to reduce their addiction or replace the contents of their joint in favor of a more beneficial product.
The other option for consuming hemp flowers is an infusion. To make a CBD-based herbal tea, simply crush them into crumbs using a grinder and use them as tea. To optimize the dissolution of cannabinoids in water, and thus benefit from all the benefits of therapeutic hemp, do not forget to add a fat to your preparation. You can use vegetable oil, butter, milk, or cream. The example of herbal tea is more common, but you can very well incorporate your crumbled flowers into all your recipes.
Consume the wax
The consistency of the wax is not really solid or liquid. It is a wax which is actually a crystallized oil. The wax is obtained by supercritical CO2 extraction from hemp. This is a completely ecological technique, which in no way affects the sensory qualities provided by the cannabis substance. It allows odorous molecules to be extracted from the plant.
Wax can be consumed via vaping using a vaporizer or electronic cigarette. It is also possible to inhale it by heating it, or to ingest it through food to benefit from its soothing properties.
First, wax can be consumed as a dab. To do this, you must equip yourself with a dab rig, a bong or a dabber which allows you to contain this concentrated form of cannabis.
Secondly, you can mix your wax with an e-liquid to consume it through an electronic cigarette. That said, this method requires a little technical knowledge, because you must mix the wax with propylene glycol, and respect a precise dosage, namely: 200 mg maximum for 5 ml of propylene glycol.
Third, you can use a vaporizer to consume your wax, like with flowers and resins. You just need to make sure you choose a vaporizer that accommodates all forms of hemp and their burning point. Ideal for beginners, the vaporizer is very easy to use, and it is an excellent investment for your health. Put your wax in the small container provided for this purpose, heat your vaporizer, and all you have to do is inhale.
Finally, the last method of consuming wax is ingestion. You can incorporate it in small quantities into your culinary preparations, the aromas and effects of CBD will be perfectly preserved. To feel the first relaxing effects, you will have to wait at least 1 hour for the cannabinoids to reach your digestive system.
Use paste, hash or resin
Alongside the cannabidiol flower, you will surely find paste. It strangely resembles hashish and takes the form of a resin. You can consume it by inhalation using a vaporizer. The method of administration is similar to that of flowers, so you have the choice between inhalation, infusion in your hot drinks, or incorporation into your culinary preparations.
To vape, start by getting a quality vaporizer. Crush your CBD resin into crumbs, then place the product in the container provided for this purpose. Pack the product well, but do not add too much either, as this risks hindering its proper combustion. And if you don't use enough, the spray won't be effective either. Fill the tank carefully, close it, and heat your vaporizer.
If your vaporizer has temperatures already built in, you won't need to do anything. Otherwise, you will have to take care to always set the temperature between 160 and 220 degrees Celsius. Below 160 degrees, vaporization will not work, and above 220 degrees, you will burn the resin and irritate your throat. Of course, you can adjust the temperature according to your feelings.
Vape in the form of e-liquid
The electronic cigarette comes in a wide range of varieties and nowadays, it also allows you to consume hemp. Indeed, after capsules, vaping is a rather widespread mode of consumption in the country. So much so that the purchase of CBD e-liquid for electronic cigarettes is now authorized in France.
Electronic cigarette liquids come in two types:
- The booster version which contains a high concentrate of natural cannabinoid and which is used with a neutral base, or even an already prepared e-liquid
- The classic e-liquid, it can be bought already ready and has different rates
Inhale by vaporization
You already know the e-liquid containing the molecule, but have you already heard of the vaporizer? It is used with crystals, cannabidiol flower or even resin. It heats the product to allow you a gentle inhalation rich in active ingredients.
The best thing about this method is that it allows you to enjoy the unique aromas of cannabis, without any danger to your health. No burning, no irritation. No tobacco, no nicotine addiction. Only the therapeutic virtues and exceptional flavors of hemp are offered to you when you use a vaporizer. If you are a former smoker or you are in the process of quitting smoking, this is probably the best solution to keep sensations close to smoking a joint, but in a completely healthy version.
As explained previously, simply crumble your CBD flowers evenly, then place them in the tank provided for this purpose. Once you have properly prepared your flowers, you can preheat your vaporizer to between 160 and 220 degrees Celsius. If your flowers are quite dry, do not hesitate to lower the temperature, and vice versa if your flowers are too humid.
Prefer the consumption of hemp oil
Oils are practical because they can be used in different ways. First of all, you find cannabidiol oil in many cosmetic products. This type of consumption offers a gentle and slow transmission of the active ingredients of the plant through the epidermis.
How to consume hemp oil?
To benefit from the relaxing properties, nothing could be simpler than hemp oil! It is accessible to all consumers, without requiring any special knowledge, and is perfectly suited to all profiles. You have different administration methods to consume the oil, allowing you to choose the one that suits you best:
- Sublingual administration: Pour a few drops of oil under your tongue using the pipette, allow the product to be absorbed by your mucous membranes for a few moments so that it can be absorbed through your mucous membranes. Then, rinse your mouth with a glass of water. The relaxing effects should appear within 10 minutes.
- Oral administration: Add a few drops of hemp oil to your dishes or drinks before ingesting them. With this method, the effects may take longer to appear because it must pass through your digestive system. However, the effects can last for several hours.
- Topical application: You can also use the oil by applying it directly to your skin, mixing it in a cream or in a vegetable oil (coconut oil, almond oil, argan oil, etc.). This can be useful for targeting specific areas of the body, such as joint or muscle pain. Gently massage the oil into the skin until completely absorbed.
Other cannabidiol products
The list of different modes of consumption goes hand in hand with the products that contain them, logically... Precisely, the list is not finished, you also find:
- Crystals: they look like sugar and are diluted in water or in an e-liquid;
- Food: these are chocolate, sweets or even drinks containing a certain level of cannabidiol. These are infused food products that simply ingest.
- Cosmetics: the idea is to apply a cream to nourish the skin and take advantage of the relaxing effect in order to achieve a joint or muscle relaxation.
A little reminder about the consumption of cannabidiol:
If CBD is legalized in our country, it is still subject to certain specific rules. Please note that whatever the rate used, the basic ingredients making up products rich in cannabis substances must not display a THC level greater than 0.3%.
There are no plans to legalize cannabis, therefore smoking cannabis remains prohibited. Indeed, if the consumption of medical cannabis is legal, this is not the case for THC, which is considered a drug with harmful side effects on the body. So take the time to get detailed information from a specialist before purchasing your hemp products.
Efficacy and action time of CBD
How you consume CBD can greatly influence how quickly you feel the effects and how long they last. Here's a breakdown for some popular methods:
- Action time: Almost immediate, generally within a few minutes.
- Duration of effects: 2 to 3 hours on average. Vaping is ideal for those looking for immediate relief, but its effects may not last as long as other methods.
- Action time: Rapid, usually within 15 to 45 minutes.
- Duration of effects: 4 to 6 hours. Sublingual oils are absorbed directly into the bloodstream via capillaries under the tongue, providing rapid, medium-lasting relief.
Capsules and foods
- Action time: Slower, usually 1 to 2 hours after ingestion, as they must be metabolized by the digestive system.
- Duration of effects: 6 to 8 hours, or even more. Although they take longer to work, capsules and edibles provide a more prolonged release of CBD.
Creams and balms
- Action time: It depends on the concentration and formulation, but generally between 20 minutes to an hour.
- Duration of effects: 4 to 6 hours on average. These products are perfect for targeted application and provide relief to a specific area.
It is crucial to remember that these durations may vary depending on individuals, product quality, CBD concentration, and other factors. Some people may experience longer or shorter effects than average. It is always recommended to start with a small dose and adjust based on your response.
Practical advice to optimize your CBD consumption
When it comes to consuming CBD, the best method often depends on individual needs and context. However, here are some tips that can help you get the most out of your experience:
- Start small: Especially if you are new to the world of CBD, start with a low dose. You can always increase the dose gradually until you find what works best for you.
- Be patient: CBD can take time to show its effects, especially with methods like capsules or edibles. Give it time to work before deciding to increase the dose.
- Consider the context: If you're looking for fast action, opt for sublingual oils or vapes. If you want longer-lasting effects throughout the day, a capsule or edible might be better.
- Consult a professional: If you are taking other medications or have health concerns, it is always a good idea to consult a healthcare professional before starting to take CBD.
By applying all of these tips, you maximize your chances of fully benefiting from the virtues of CBD!