CBD makes a remarkable foray into the category of intimate products
According to figures from the Hemp Trades Interprofession, France has nearly 7 million consumers of CBD products. Now well aware of the pain-relieving properties, the soothing and relaxing virtues and the anti-inflammatory effects of CBD and other cannabinoids, the French favor cannabidiol products to relieve their stress, soothe muscle or joint pain, calm inflammation, improve their sleep and boost their quality of life, on a daily basis.
This is how the oil, gel, seeds, leaves, flowers and other products of the hemp variety Cannabis L. Sativa have become essential for aficionados of the good -be natural.
Building on this dazzling success, CBD has naturally made a remarkable incursion into a number of sectors: catering, the cosmetics industry… then the category of intimate products. It must be said that with its soothing and anxiolytic effects, CBD has several advantages, especially in terms of sexual pleasure for both men and women.
CBD lubricant: an intimate product with multiple benefits
Extracted from the hemp plant, including Cannabis L. Sativa or Cannabis Indica varieties, cannabidiol (CBD) acts on the endocannabinoid system to express soothing effects , anti-inflammatories and analgesics. When used topically (massaged into the skin), such as in a cream, gel, oil, or lubricant, CBD acts locally and produces a number of benefits:
- The relaxing effects of CBD promote soothing of muscles and joints, with an analgesic effect on pain and discomfort that limit body mobility;
- As the vaginal mucosa is particularly absorbent, contact with the CBD lubricant promotes muscle relaxation, limiting the pain associated with friction of the sexual intercourse and increased feelings of pleasure.
- Depending on its composition, CBD lubricant may possibly improve blood circulation locally and contribute to the reduction of problems with erection.
- As Tammy Nelson, sex therapist and author of "Getting the sexy you want, explains, the soothing effects of using a CBD lubricant increase the intensity of orgasms in both men and women. "CBD lube may increase skin sensitivity in some people, and most experience relaxation that makes them more receptive to touch, which can lead to stronger orgasms”.
- Thanks to the relaxing effect of cannabidiol, CBD lubricant promotes relaxation of the muscles of the uterus, anal sphincter internal and pelvic floor to promote pleasurable, pain-free sex;
- Finally, the soothing and anti-stress effect of CBD makes the intimate lubricant with cannabidiol the perfect product for men who lack insurance or suffer from chronic anxiety.
Our tips for using your CBD lubricant properly
Even if it is extracted from the hemp plant (Cannabis L. Sativa or Cannabis Indica), CBD does not cause a psychotropic effect. To put it bluntly, you will not experience intoxicating sensations with CBD products, whether they are intended for oral consumption (oil, flower, food) or topical (gel, cream, massage oil, lubricant…) .
CBD lubricant is a special intimate product. Indeed, unlike conventional lubricants, its effects are not immediate. If you are planning for relatively long sex, you can use CBD lube like you would any other lube. At first, only the "lubricating" effect will be in effect. After about 30 minutes, CBD will gratify your body and mind (as well as that of your partner) with all its soothing, relaxing and pain-relieving effects. If you want to take advantage of these effects from the start of your intercourse, plan an application well before the act.
Here are our tips for choosing the right CBD lubricant for your needs:
- In accordance with the so-called "entourage effect", CBD lubes that contain other cannabinoids from hemp plant are more effective;
- CBD lubricants are not suitable for latex condoms. Opt instead for polyisoprene or polyethylene condoms. On the boxes, these condoms are said to be "second skin";
- Oil-based CBD lubes are not compatible with silicone or rubber sex toys. Prefer water-based CBD lubricants. No problem, however, with sex toys made of glass or stainless steel. We recommend that you carefully read the lubricant sheet to ensure that it is compatible with the sex toys and/or condoms used.
What are the ingredients in CBD lubricants?
If the formulas differ from one CBD lubricant to another, certain ingredients remain essential. These include water, glycerin, sodium benzoate, cannabis sativa seed oil, sorbitol, sodium lactate, sodium chloride, and allantoin.
Are CBD lubricants legal in France?
Like all products containing CBD and extracts from the hemp plant, CBD lubricants are governed by European Decree No. 639 – 2014. Only CBD products containing less than 0.2% THC are authorized in France. For the legislator, it is the guarantee of a product free of any psychotropic effect.
Of course, our range of CBD lubricants is exclusively made up of products that are 100% compliant with French legislation. You can therefore make your choice with complete peace of mind.