Skin of the hand: what specificities?
Inevitably, the skin of the hand is more exposed to external aggressions, insofar as it is rarely protected by clothing. It is therefore more exposed to limestone more or less present in tap water, detergents and other products used for dishes and cleaning, pollution, cold, etc.
But beyond these external aggressions, the skin of the hand has its own characteristics that must be taken into account by manufacturers offering balms, creams, gels, oils and other cosmetic products, with or without CBD:
- Thickness: the skin on the hand is thicker than the skin on the face because it is exposed to many external factors such as movement, shock and friction. His hydration needs are therefore greater;
- Structure: the skin of the hand is made up of several layers of cells, each with a function specific. The top layer of the skin, called the epidermis, is made up of dead cells gradually replaced by new cells. The bottom layer, called the dermis, is made up of blood vessels, glands, and collagen and elastin fibers that give skin its strength and flexibility;
- Sensitivity: the skin of the hand is very sensitive due to the presence of numerous sensory receptors which send signals to the brain when touched. This sensitivity is important for manipulating objects and grasping;
- Appearance: the skin of the hand can be smooth and silky, or rougher and drier, depending on individuals (genetic factor) and environmental conditions. It can also be prone to disorders or pathologies such as eczema, psoriasis or premature aging.
CBD, the molecule that pampers your hands, naturally
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a molecule extracted from the hemp plant, including the Cannabis L. Sativa or Cannabis Indica varieties. This flagship molecule of the cosmetics industry shines with several virtues.
It is therefore only natural that cannabidiol has found its place among the ingredients of cosmetic products (cream, oil, balm, etc.) alongside more established ingredients such as aloe vera, shea butter, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, sodium hydroxide (to adjust the pH of certain cosmetic products), salicylic acid, hyaluronic acid, etc.
Proven properties of cannabidiol (CBD) extracted from the hemp plant include:
- A soothing and relaxing effect, which relieves muscle and joint tension for visibly rested skin;
- Anti-inflammatory properties, which makes CBD cream a valuable ally in treating redness, irritation and even certain inflammatory skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and acne;
- Antalgic properties, to relieve mild to moderate pain;
- By eliminating free radicals, cannabidiol cream prevents premature aging of the skin of the hands;
- The hemp plant is full of active ingredients with nourishing, protective and restorative action;
- Cannabidiol and other cannabinoids from the hemp plant regulate the activity of sebocytes, cells responsible for sebum production , thus avoiding the obstruction of the pores of the skin of the hand and preventing the cutaneous dryness which results from a lack of sebum.
How to take care of your hands on a daily basis?
Choosing the right cream with CBD and hemp plant extracts is already a giant step towards soothing, moisturizing and restoring your hands to their full shine. However, there are everyday actions that will promote lasting results:
- Regularity: Regularly apply a moisturizer with CBD to the hands to protect against dry skin. As explained above, the skin of the hands is constantly exposed to external aggressions. Regularity in the use of your CBD cream is therefore essential;
- Apply your CBD cream after each hand wash, especially if the tap water in your area is particularly hard;< /li>
- Wear Gloves: When performing household or gardening chores, it is recommended that you wear gloves to protect your hands from chemicals and irritation;
- Use mild cleaning products: hands are often exposed to cleaning products and water, which can can dry them out. It is important to use gentle products and rinse thoroughly to avoid irritating the skin;
- Protect yourself from the sun: UV rays can damage the skin and cause dark spots on the hands. It is important to protect yourself from the sun by wearing gloves and using sunscreen suitable for your hands;
- Avoid scratching: If you have dry or irritated skin, it's tempting to scratch, but it can make it worse. skin problems and cause lesions.
Are CBD hand creams legal in France?
In France, CBD obtained from industrial hemp, in this case the variety Cannabis L. Sativa, is authorized, provided that it has a THC level of less than 0, 2%, guarantee of absence of any psychotropic effect. Since January 2021, CBD can be sold in France in the form of food products, cosmetic products or health products, subject to authorization by the National Agency for Health and Food Safety (ANSES).
All the products you will find in our stock are 100% compliant with the regulations in force in France. You can therefore make your choice with complete peace of mind. Best prices guaranteed, and free delivery anywhere in France.
How do I choose my CBD hand cream?
321CBD offers you a wide choice of CBD creams to pamper your hands. To help you make an informed choice, we provide you with detailed product sheets with a description of each product (ingredients, formula, organic culture), indications (dry skin, weakened skin, damaged skin, etc.), reviews of consumers, advice on use. Are you hesitating between several products? Do not hesitate to contact us by Live Chat or by phone. We will be happy to advise you on the product best suited to your skin and your goals.