CBD, the flagship molecule of the cosmetics industry!
CBD has largely found its audience in France... and that's an understatement! According to the latest figures from the Hemp Trades Interprofession (Interchanvre), France has nearly 7 million regular or occasional consumers of CBD products. It must be said that this molecule ticks all the right boxes:
- It is naturally present in the hemp plant, including the varieties Cannabis L. Sativa and Cannabis Indica;
- By interacting with receptors in the endocannabinoid system, CBD expresses soothing, anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving, and antioxidant effects;
- Unlike THC, CBD and other "useful" cannabinoids (CBG, CBC, CBN) do not cause an effect psychotropic and do not present a risk of addiction;
- France produces more than 60% of European hemp. The raw material is therefore widely available, and the prices remain very competitive... especially on 321CBD!
After the craze for oral CBD products such as CBD oils, flowers, leaves, crystals and resin, the molecule is now popular in its topical form. Beauty and well-being aficionados mobilize the many benefits of CBD to take care of their skin (body and face) through cosmetic products such as creams, massage oils, serums, balms, gels, etc.
CBD body cream: what are the benefits?
CBD and other cannabinoids from the hemp plant (CBG, CBN and CBC) have therefore found their way into the formula of creams and other cosmetic products for the body. These natural active ingredients bring you several benefits:
- CBD is an excellent anti-inflammatory. Applied to the skin, it gently relieves redness, irritation and inflammation, without damaging the epidermis and without side effects.
- CBD and other cannabinoids from the hemp plant also provide you with an analgesic effect, relieving muscle and joint pain, as well as than the pain and itching that can occur after an insect bite for example.
- CBD and other cannabinoids are also powerful antioxidants. The cannabidiol body cream therefore helps you fight against free radicals, restore the protective film of the skin and fight against premature skin aging.
- CBD also shines with its nourishing properties, especially in a generous cream, balm, oil or serum. Cannabidiol therefore nourishes dry, damaged or tired skin to restore its natural radiance, on a daily basis.
- CBD is also an excellent relaxant that reduces muscle tension, soothes irritated skin and restores skin elasticity.
- The anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of CBD make it an essential ingredient in sports. In a cream, balm, massage oil or other skincare product, CBD relieves sore muscles and reduces joint stiffness, thus promoting good recovery.
Some dermatologists include CBD creams (body and face) in the management of inflammatory skin diseases, including psoriasis, eczema and adult acne. Ask your doctor for advice.
Full Spectrum, Broad Spectrum, and Isolate CBD Body Cream: What's the Difference?
Aficionados of hemp pleasures and the soothing benefits of cannabidiol know this: CBD products are classified according to the spectrum of cannabinoids they contain. Want to treat your skin to the soothing, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and pain-relieving effects of CBD? Choose from the following CBD body creams:
- Full spectrum CBD body creams: these so-called full spectrum creams contain all of the cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids present in the hemp plant, with the exception of THC, in accordance with the regulations in force in France. We therefore find CBD, but also CBG, CBN and CBC. This cannabinoid-rich formula has one major benefit: the famous "entourage effect". In sum, cannabinoids and terpenes work more effectively when used together rather than separately, with tenfold anti-inflammatory properties and a soothing effect;
- Broad spectrum CBD body creams: these so-called broad-spectrum creams contain most of the cannabinoids present in the hemp plant. They may lack CBG, CBN or CBC, for example;
- Isolate Type CBD Body Creams: These creams contain only pure CBD, without no other cannabinoids. They are obtained from hemp extracts that have been purified to contain only cannabidiol.
Beginners can start with a cream containing pure CBD, and gradually migrate to a broad spectrum cream and then a full spectrum cream to maximize the benefits.
Ingredients and active principles of CBD body creams
Although the formulas differ from one CBD body cream to another, certain ingredients and active principles are essential in quality cosmetic products:
- Hemp oil: it is an ingredient rich in essential fatty acids and vitamins which contributes to the good hydration of the skin. Hemp oil also exerts anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects on the epidermis;
- Organic aloe vera: this essential plant in the cosmetics industry is known for its nourishing, moisturizing and soothing properties. It stimulates the regeneration of skin cells. As the applications progress, aloe vera leaves the skin soft and delicately scented (body and face);
- Shea butter: rich in fatty acids and vitamins, shea butter nourishes skin damaged by external aggressions, including limescale, friction with fabrics, the sun, etc. Its moisturizing power makes it an essential ingredient in creams and cosmetic products with a generous texture (balm, milk and body cream in particular);
- Sweet Almond Oil: Sweet Almond Oil is a very moisturizing carrier oil that is often used in body creams to nourish and repair damaged and very dry skin. It is also known for its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. Sweet almond oil is used in body and face creams;
- Cocoa butter: it is a nourishing ingredient that protects the skin from external aggressions and stimulates healing;
- Organic jojoba oil: this vegetable oil is moisturizing, nourishing and anti-inflammatory. It is found in particular in massage oils, body and face creams and balms;
- Organic argan oil, which fights skin dryness;
- Hyaluronic Acid: This molecule can hold up to 100 times its weight in water! It is therefore an excellent moisturizing and anti-aging agent. It smoothes fine lines and shallow wrinkles and improves skin tone.
Are CBD body creams legal in France?
According to the rules in force in France, CBD products cannot contain more than 0.2% of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the psychoactive substance present in the hemp plant. CBD body creams that respect this limit are therefore legal in France and can be purchased and used without any problem.
Finally, note that CBD creams (body and face) are considered care products and not medicines. If you suffer from a skin pathology, it is recommended to consult a dermatologist before starting to use a CBD body cream.