What types of cancer most commonly affect dogs?
Cancer is characterised by the abnormal growth of cells in various parts of the body. Specifically, an abnormal and uncontrollable growth of cells is triggered over the years. This subsequently destroys body tissue and impairs the body's ability to function normally. Whether in humans or animals, cancer is a disease that is nowadays uncontrollable. It is most prevalent in dogs. According to expert analysis, cancer accounts for 47% of all deaths in dogs today. In fact, there are several cancers in these animals:
- At the skin level: skin cancers are the ones that are most often noticed in the dog breed. However, most of them are benign, i.e. harmless;
- In the mammary gland: bitches are very susceptible to cancers of the mammary glands (breasts). Almost half of the cases of breast cancer found in these animals are malignant;
- At the level of the head and neck: the breed of dogs is generally exposed to cancer of the mouth. Like mammary gland cancers, these are also malignant . These should be diagnosed as soon as possible. Likewise, they should be treated aggressively. However, dogs may have tumours in the neck and nose. Symptoms of oral cancer include abnormal growths on the gums, bad odour, bleeding and so on. On the other hand at the level of the nose, cancer causes swelling in the face, breathing difficulties and bleeding;
- At the level of the testicles: at the level of male, testicular cancer remains obvious and not negligible;
- At the level of lymphoma: at this level, it is a cancer of the lymph nodes. Its diagnosis is made when the veterinarian notes an abnormal hypertrophy of one or more lymph nodes. However, lymphoma can be very aggressive. In addition, it spreads rapidly to various parts of the body;
- Abdominal tumours: generally considered to be cancers, abdominal tumours are seen regularly in dogs. It is difficult to make their diagnosis early. However, signs of these tumours include: weight loss and/or abdominal swelling;
Can CBD oil help dogs with cancer?
Since the human endocannabinoid system is similar to that of the dog, CBD can indeed provide crucial help to pets with cancer. However, it can only do so by relieving pain, seniority, nausea, inflammation and also cancer-related seizures.
Help with the dog's appetite
Of course, through its therapeutic properties, CBD could improve the appetite of pets like dogs to the maximum. At the same time, it also has the ability to help the latter to have the best functioning of its digestive system. However, owners need to be able to give CBD oil regularly so that their dogs can benefit from the optimal effects.
An alternative to conventional cancer treatment
Nowadays, rather than choosing conventional treatments based on drugs or chemotherapy, many owners resort to natural treatments based on CBD. This choice is even highly recommended when you have old dogs. Chemotherapy has a negative impact on their health. In clear terms, when dogs are old, they can no longer tolerate the chemotherapy treatment.
A complementary treatment for cancer
Of course, CBD products (especially CBD oil) are a real complementary treatment for humans undergoing a cancer treatment regime. The same is true for dogs. Indeed, CBD oil can directly counteract cancer. Likewise, it helps to make the side effects of conventional treatment much more bearable.
How does CBD oil help dogs with cancer?
First of all, you should know that the main action of CBD oil for dogs is to provide crucial help to their endocannabinoid system. Indeed, it will allow them to function normally and reduce the pain felt by these pets to the maximum.
The endocannabinoid system consists of several receptors in the canine body. These have the role of regulating pain, nausea and anxiety to the maximum. This is why CBD is much more beneficial:
- Aiding with osteoarthritis in dogs: as mentioned above, CBD (designed specifically for dogs) provides significant help to these animals regarding the reduction of pain intensity caused by osteoarthritis.
- A help with epilepsy in dogs: CBD by its inflammatory and antibiotic effects reduces to the maximum the intensity and frequency of epileptic seizures in pets like dogs. Some cancers can trigger this disease. By consuming CBD, you will mitigate the epileptic problems of your dog.
Also, if you feel like buying CBD products to alleviate the symptoms caused by cancer cells, you can find them on our site 321CBD. Is it legal to give CBD to your dog?
Of course, French legislation has well and truly given its approval regarding the treatment of dog disease by CBD products. So don't hesitate to use it.
The CBD has been used for many years by dogs.
Does CBD have any side effects on dogs?
Just like in humans, CBD has no side effects on dogs. You just need to stick to a normal dosage and also the THC level so that your dogs can fully benefit from its effects.